Step 1: Install the Jabber client from the Apple Store
Step 2: Once installed, open the Jabber application and log in using your full Friends email address
Step 3: Enter the password you use to log in your work computer
Step 4: If prompted to update credentials, select Update
Step 5: Enter your username (just first initial and last name do not enter @friendsseminary.org) and the password you use to log into your computer
That's it! The system should now be online and working.
- The GREEN dot in the upper left indicates the system is connected and online.
- Jabber MUST be running to receive calls. However, it does NOT need to be on the screen.
- Calling out works exactly as if calling out to an external number, the system requires dialing 9-1-212-555-1212 (eg).
- Dialing an extension can be done with just 4-digits.
- If you have a device other than an iPhone (iPad or Android) we need to configure a different profile - please note this when contacting us.
- If there is difficulty logging in, please contact the helpdesk